The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a four-year state university in Omaha, Nebraska. It was founded as a private, coeducational college named the University of Omaha in 1908 by the Presbyterian Theological Seminary at Omaha. In 1930, with voter approval, the City of Omaha took control of the university, changing it to the Municipal University of Omaha. In 1968, the university merged into the University of Nebraska system, becoming the University of Nebraska at Omaha. The University of Nebraska at Omaha was an urban commuter campus until 1999, when the first student housing was opened.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The records of UNO's chapter of Omicron Delta Kappa, 1949-2001, include two scrapbooks and a ledger of meeting minutes. The earliest scrapbook includes material about the Arrow Society, ODK's predecessor on the OU campus in 1949.New material added 2017-05-08: This collection includes materials generated while organizing ODK breakfasts, initiations, and other events—including correspondence, programs, and photographic slides. A few ODK-related VHS videotapes are also...