Municipal University of Omaha. Air Force ROTC
Air Force ROTC Detachment 470 "Wolfpack" is the detachment of the Air Force Reserve Officers' Training Corps at the University of Nebraska at Omaha (prior to 1968, the Municipal University of Omaha). Discussion about establishing a ROTC unit on the University of Omaha campus began as early as 1936. In 1948, the OU Board of Regents authorized an application for an Air ROTC unit at the university. In 1951, the Air Force ROTC (AFROTC) unit at OU was assigned its first U.S. Air Force officer, Major R. E. Whaley, Assistant Professor of Air Science. AFROTC Detachment 470 remains active at the University of Nebraska at Omaha today.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Cape and hat worn by the first Angel Flight members at the university where Angel Flight began in 1951. The cap is blue with white piping. The cape is white with blue and white collar and shoulder rank insignia. The cape was worn over a dark blue sweater and straight skirt. Also included in the box is an 8x10 black and white photograph of Angel Flight members with a minister.
The Angels Flight cape and hat and Feathers beanie cap of Marilyn Johnson Haman, OU class of 1956.
Angels Flight uniform including hat of Judith Anderson Shinkle. Anderson was the director of the Angelairs Choir and also included are copies of sheet music and Angelair sign-up sheet.